An age old indian remedy for a sore throat. Commonly used when a person has a cold or flu. This drink was a go to in out household whenever we had a sore throat. Mom knew best when she made this, and now the science backs it up.
Ginger root contains Gingerol, which has a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effect.
Honey is known for its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
Combine these three ingredients, and you have a powerful drink to warm the throat and chest and help the body fight off infections.
1/2 tsp ginger powder, or 1cm of a raw ginger finger, peeled and sliced
1/4 tsp turmeric powder, or 1cm of raw tumeric root, peeled and sliced
1 tsp honey
250ml milk (You can substitute with any milk of your choice, or just plain water)
1. Heat up the water to a just below boiling temperature.
2. Add the ginger and turmeric and boil for 5m to extract the flavours.
3. Lightly smash the ginger and turmeric to enable easier extraction of flavours and oils
4. Add the milk and let simmer on medium heat for 3m
5. Remove from heat and let it cool. Add the honey, stir, and enjoy!