Thinking of make a curry can sometimes be daunting, but follow these easy steps and you'll have a delicious home cooked curry in no time.
BASIC CURRY RECIPE by Rhonal Rampersad
300g protein or veg - cut in prefered size, wash and drain
1 Medium Tomatoe – cubed
1 Medium Onion - sliced
2 tsp Ginger & Garlic paste
1-2 TB Pantry Mix Masala
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Jeera Powder
1 tsp Soomph Powder
3-4 Tb Oil/Butter Ghee
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Elachie (Cardamom)
1 Star Anise
1 Bay Leaf
2-3TBs Pantry Curry Mix (this includes all the ground spices as well as some whole spices)
1. In a medium sized pot, heat oil, add onions & whole spices. Fry for 2mins or until onions are golden in colour.
2. Add tomatoes,then ground spices. Mix until all combined. Add about ¼ cup water if it's too dry.
3. Next add the ginger and garlic paste, add <protein or veg> top with ½ cup water, allow to cook for 30-45mins or until meat is tender. Check every 10-15mins.
4. If you would like to add a starch, do this 20-25mins after adding the protein.
5. Serve with basmati rice, roti or naan breads.