Tikka Chicken Masala
Prep time : 15mins
Cooking time : 30mins
500g Chicken breasts (skinless & deboned)
200g Tomatoe Puree
2 Tomatoes, grated(no skin)
150ml Fresh Cream or Coconut milk/cream
1 Large Onion, finely chopped
2 Tbs Butter Ghee, Butter or Olive oil
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1/2 tsp Black pepper, finely ground
1 tsp Crushed chillies
4 tsp Tikka Spice
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 inch piece of Ginger, chopped
1 Tb Lemon juice
150ml Plain Yoghurt or Buttermilk
1 Tb Olive oil
1. Wash and drain chicken pieces. Add all the marinade ingredients to it and mix well. Refridgerate for up to 12hours or overnight.
2. An hour before making this dish, remove the marinated chicken from fridge to bring to room temperature.
3. Switch oven to grill mode. Place chicken fillets in a roasting pan covered with foil or parchment paper. Grill fillets until the top of both sides are charred. Between 5-10mins. Keep checking. Remove and allow to cool. Cut into desired pieces.
4. In a medium size deep pan, heat butter ghee over medium heat, add onions and fry until soft. Add Tomatoes & puree, cook for 1-2mins. Add in the remaining marinade mixture as well.
5. Next add the chicken pieces, simmer on low heat for 10-15mins.
6. Finish off with cream, simmer for a further 2mins. Remove from heat.
7. Serve with Basmati Rice or Naan breads.